Return to Support
The Preferences area is used to change the look and feel of your FileMan. All
of these settings are stored in a cookie set by the server when you access FileMan.
If you want to save changes, you need to have cookies enabled in your browser
(see your browsers documentation regarding cookies).
- Password Directory: Location where password files are stored
for the Protect function
- Working Directory: Where you start when you login to FileMan
- Default is "root"
- Sort Order: Specify what you wish to sort by default in
the file area.
- Rows Per Page: How many rows to display per page. (click
All Files to show all files in a directory)
- Pages Per Screen: Specify how many pages are displayed
as links at bottom of screen when there are a multiple pages to be displayed
(calculated on how many rows are allowed per page). For instance, changing
the number to 1 results in the following:
All 1 ...> >>
Clicking on the ">>" will go to the end. Clicking on ">"
will display the next page and so on. Setting it to 20 will display up to
20 pages in the following manner:
All 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...> >>
- Editor Mode: Set the default text
- The README's Contents: Positioning of any help information
in the file.
- Show Hidden Files: Shows system and hidden files.
Color & Font
- Scheme: Select your fileman's color scheme.
- Font: Select the default font for FileMan - be careful
- make sure you know the correct font name.
- Environment: This will tell you what is enabled for your
version of FileMan.
TOLL FREE: 866-566-HOST (4678)
ProHosting has hosted over [an error occurred while processing this directive] web sites since 1996!